_Last Updated: January 22, 2021_
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
In the course of operating the Website, and the Services, Wholier may collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- Account Information: When you create an account (“Account”), you will provide information that could be personally-identifiable information (“Personal Information”), such as your name and email address. You acknowledge that by creating an account on the Services and providing Personal Information to us, you allow others, including us, to identify you. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services. You may unsubscribe from these messages through your Account settings, although we, regardless, reserve the right to contact you when we believe it is necessary, such as for account recovery purposes.
- Shipping Information: When you order products using the Services, we request and store your shipping information (“Shipping Information”). We share this information with our Third-Party Payment Processor, fulfillment companies, partners and other third parties for purposes of customer service and order fulfillment. Use of your information by such parties is governed by their respective privacy policies.
- Other Information Collected Automatically: In an ongoing effort to improve the Website and the Services, we automatically collect certain information (“Other Information”) when Visitors visit the Website, and when Customers use the Services. Such information includes, without limitation, your Internet Protocol (IP) address (the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area), geolocation information, browser type and language, operating system, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website Visitors visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Services.
- Cookies: We collect information using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Services. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Services may not function properly.
- Pixel Tags Or Beacons: In addition to cookies, we also collect Aggregate Information (defined below) through the use of “tracking pixels,” also known as “beacons.” A tracking pixel is a transparent graphic image that is placed on a web page and, in combination with a cookie, allows for the collection of information regarding the use of the web page that contains the tracking pixel. We use tracking pixels to tell when an advertisement has been clicked on or otherwise interacted with, and use that information to judge which advertisements are more appealing to users. In some cases, we use third-party service providers to help us collect and analyze this information. You can also generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third-party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website.
For Google Analytics, please visit: https://www.google.com/analytics
- Email Communications: We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service. In order to improve and provide the Services, we may also track your usage of and interaction with our emails, such as opens and clicks. If you do not want us to send you marketing or promotional email communications, you can opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any such promotional emails, checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You authorize us to use the Personal Information, Billing Information, Shipping Information and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve the Website and the Services; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our promotional partners.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- Agents, Providers and Related Third Parties: We may engage other companies and individuals to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- Aggregate Information: In an ongoing effort to better understand our Visitors and Customers, we may analyze Personal Information with Other Information in anonymized and aggregate form (“Aggregate Information”) in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website and the Services and for our own research purposes. This aggregate information is not personally identifiable.
- Legal Requirements: Wholier reserves the right to and may disclose Personal Information or other information about you in response to (a) requests from local, state or federal law enforcement officials; (b) any judicial, administrative or similar proceeding or order, such as subpoena; (c) if required by law; or (d) to investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the Website rules or policies, or the rights of third parties or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper.
- In Connection With a Transfer of Assets: If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Select Business Partners: We may share non-personally identifiable information with third parties such as advertising partners.
You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. However, Wholier will not be liable for disclosures of your information, including Personal Information, due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties. We have undertaken commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to data retained in our servers, however, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, Wholier cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information provided online, and you do so at your own risk. Customers and Visitors must accept all risks associated with any data transmission, including the risk that their Personal Information may be intercepted in transit. In the event that personal information is compromised as a breach of security, Wholier will promptly notify our customers in compliance with applicable law.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a Customer, you may access and update your registration information associated with your Account by logging into the Services. Visitors and Customers can access and delete cookies through their web browser settings.
Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing us at email@example.com. If you terminate your Account, any association between your Account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your Account. However, any public activity on your Account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY AND PARENTAL CONTROLS
This Website is not intended for persons under the age of 13, and we have no intention of collecting or soliciting Personal Information from persons under the age of 13. If you are not 13 or older, you are not authorized to use the Website. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that you can use to prevent your children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors. If a child under age 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The Website and the Services may contain links to External Websites. These External Websites are not controlled by Wholier. We encourage our Customers and Visitors to be aware when they leave our Website to read the privacy policies of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such External Websites.
SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
The Website and the Services may allow you to post information to various third-party services or platforms, such as social networking services like, but not limited to, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. You acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, your friends, followers and subscribers on these third-party services or platforms will be able to view such activity. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services. The use of the information by such social networking websites will be governed by their privacy policies, and we do not control their use of the shared data.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
The Website, the Services, and their servers are operated in the United States. Please be aware that your information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Website and/or the Services, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, California residents who have an established business relationship with Holier may choose to opt out of our sharing their Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at:
442 Lorimer Street
Brooklyn, NY 11206
Third parties may keep track of your browsing activities across third-party websites. California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) provides that California residents are entitled to know we respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals. Certain web browsers enable users to activate a “Do Not Track” signal but we do not currently respond to the “Do Not Track” signal or other similar mechanisms.
Further, if you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure that the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
You acknowledge that Wholier may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation the maximum period of time that data or other content will be retained by the Services and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on Wholier’s servers on your behalf. You further acknowledge that Holier reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion. We will endeavor to give you notice of any such change where required by applicable law.
ENFORCEMENT AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION